Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Day of the Dead and Haloween


The Day of the Dead Celebration!
Decorated Calaveras and Symmetry Pumpkins

Papel Picado
This is the Memory Box I made to honor for my father "Ernesto.
 My Dad was the best Father I could ever asked for.  I miss him a lot!

Gabriella and her Grandfather's Memory Box
Samantha and her Grandparents Memories!
Miguel and his "Three Generations" Memory Box
I added some sugar skulls "Calaveras"
Marina and her "Uncle Tony" Memory Box
Gavin also honored his Grandpa with this cute  baby picture!

Abby and her Pink Memory Box









Alana made a beautiful one to honor her Grandpa!


       Andrea Sofia made one for her "Abueltito Octavio"


Quinn and her Box!




Time definitely flies! I can't believe its already January!! I apologize for abandoning my blog. You have no idea, but with all of these HISD and TEA requirements.... I'm going nuts! I've been so busy lately at school that I hadn't get a chance to post for a while. I took some pictures of the kiddos working on a project for The Day of the Dead back in November and I want to share them with you all. The Day of the Dead or Dia de los Muertos in Spanish is a traditional celebration in Mexico and other South and Central America Countries that started hundreds of years ago to honor the deceased family members and friends. Just a few years ago this tradition crossed the border and is now celebrated here in the USA as well. It's a very fun and colorful celebration that brings out the Mexican Folklore. The children in my class stayed one afternoon after school to work on their memory box project which is something similar to a small altar. We had a lot of fun making the tissue paper flowers and the calaveras. We also made papel picado wich is like cutting shapes on very thin paper. Well too much talking..... let's see some pictures now!

1 comment:

  1. It's sad that this school year is going so fast and so busy, because I would've love doing The Day of the Dead or Dia de los Muertos with the children, but impossible to do it this year!! I'ts very hard not having an assistant ful time in the classroom!!

    ReplyDelete