Sunday, December 5, 2010

Learning and Having Fun!

It's been a while since I crated the first post. I'm sorry I wanted to post something else a while ago, but I've been really busy at school, testing and more testing. I'm finally able to post something today! Last month the kids and I went to a couple very interesting field trips. The first one to the Hobby Center to listen and sing at The MusiQa performance. We sang in different languages, French, Portuguese, African, and of course in English. It was fun!!

Gavin and Jesus on the Way to MusiQa
Miguel is wearing my sun glasses, the sun was really bright that day!
Miguel, Noah, and Gabriel on the bus.
Ms. Carson and some of her students waiting for the show!
Here is Ms. Sonya, Gabriella, Gavin, and Ms. Totten waiting patiently for the show.
I could not forget two of my favorite people Carmen and of course my handsome son Leo being silly!
Isabella, Taylor, and Miguel at the Gems and Minerals Show!
Gabriella digging looking for gold!
Digging in action!
Gavin and Matilde paying attention to the presentation!
Here are some of the beautiful gems in the exhibition!
Ms. Stephanie and her group all engaged!
 Enrique and Gabriel looking at some ancient marine animals.

 Then we went to the Humble, TX Civic Center to the Gems and Minerals Show. It was a great field trip! The kids learned a lots about rocks and minerals. They bought many awesome rocks and fossils for a very chip price! I loved the fact that all of these amazing Geologists are really advocating their passion for Earth Science to children. Many of these people do their own digging and they sell all of their findings at the show for a very affordable price so the kids get motivated to start their own collections of rocks. I'm going to post some pictures for you to see the children engaged in the digging too and just having fun. Hope you enjoy looking at them and maybe you'll get to go next fall. The Gems and Minerals Show is presented only one every fall and stays open for the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment